“ We love what we do!!
Knowledge is not enough; we want to discover and research new and innovative solutions. This is EICO, Honesty, and ambition! ”
Who we are?
EICO music is a sub-fund of EICO funds SICAV plc, a self-managed Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) targeting professional investors and is the first open AIF in the world to invest in music rights.
The objective of the fund is the acquisition of music rights, the management, and optimization of the same to guarantee our investors the maximum return.
Family Fund approach
EICO Fund was created to optimize the portfolio management of some of our important investors whom we have been assisting for almost 20 years. A fund created with our customers and for our customers, based on a long-term vision, alternative and unique strategies, and a solid and slender structure. A true family fund that today, thanks to scalable and extremely performing strategies, is open for new subscriptions, thus offering a unique opportunity to new investors.
We chose Malta because the interest of our clients comes before ours. Malta may not yet have the marketing charm of other jurisdictions but for those like us who are very attentive to substance, it guarantees reliability and solidity thanks to the complete transposition of the European legislation and despite its size, it has for years been a stable and strong economy with one of the lowest GDP debt ratios and with one of the highest growth rates in the euro area and all this with a good standard level of professional and economic services. We are proud of our choice; we are proud to have chosen what is most convenient for our clients.
Our investments will initially focus on the acquisition of publishing catalogs at an international level that have mainly "ever green" songs, able to offer solid and constant returns.
The optimization of the exploitation of acquired rights thanks to innovative approaches and the use of the latest technologies will be our absolute priority.
Dipiù s.r.l., the publishing company that will support us in the management and optimization of catalogs, was chosen because it well represents our image and our values in the world of music.
A partner with whom a long-term agreement has been established and with whom we share objectives of growth, scalability, sustainability and research for the optimization of our catalogs without compromise.
Its director Mauri Pierangelo, together with Paolo Franchini, president of FEM, are part of the Rights Advisory Committee, a body that assists the investment committee in investment decisions.
We are the first open AIF in the world to invest in music royalties, an asset class able to offer:
- stable returns
- positively correlated to inflation
- high returns (target expected over 5%)
- unrelated to all other financial investments
- a fresh and concrete asset with a duration of over 70 years
We are interesting for those who want to sell their rights
- assure the seller that his goods receive the correct evaluation. We are aware of the work and dedication that authors, and publishers have been dedicating to their products for years and we want them to feel valued and appreciated.
- extreme flexibility and ability to create tailor-made offers for the seller. We don't just want satisfied customers; we also want satisfied sellers. Our greatest asset must become our seriousness and fairness for the sellers as it is for our investors. We have important growth objectives that can only be achieved thanks to the reputation we will be able to create on the market.
- guarantee to the seller that the asset sold will be managed and exploited to the fullest. This is our mandate and what we are paid for, to make the most of the rights we acquire.
- to give the seller the opportunity to recover part of his assets by investing in the fund with the enormous advantage of finding himself with a much more diversified, optimized, and profitable investment.
We are only at the beginning of a long journey that we are sure will lead us, thanks to our seriousness and professionalism, to become an important financial structure in support of the musical world.
Strong focus on costs reflects our transparency and the attention we put into what we do.
A UNIQUE STRUCTURE, COMPLETELY TRANSPARENT BOTH IN TERMS OF COSTS AND MANAGEMENT.
- We prove it by applying the fairest costs ourselves, with an honest management fee of 1% and having only one class of shares, the same one in which we invest
- Performance fees 20% over a hurdle rate equal to HICP, with a high-water mark that is represented by the maximum level reached at each 31/12 from the date of establishment until today.
- The founder Eugenio Allora Abbondi does not receive any compensation for his activity as Director nor as Investment Committee member
- NO fees for subscriptions or redemptions.
- The Fund and the Company are prohibited from taking any additional remuneration other than the management and performance fees.
Thanks to this, we obtain an extremely low cost, which does not compromise on quality and allows us not to erode the added value that we are able to generate.
- We have an annual NAV, redemption requests must be made at least 90 days before each expiration and can be postponed up to 36 months, this to protect our assets and our investors. EICO Music is not a speculative fund and we do not want speculative investors. The investment objective must be long-term, the rights we acquire have a duration of +70 years.
HONESTY, CORRECTNESS AND EXPERTISE.
THANKS TO THIS WE HAVE THE TRUST OF OUR CUSTOMERS.